The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler: Registration
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler is a nighttime road race that will end in the shadows of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Your run into the fifth dimension will also take you to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex before returning to Disney's Hollywood Studios where the course will feature the Lights, Motors, Action™ Extreme Stunt Show, then turn down New York Street, wind past the Sorcerer's Hat and return you to an unforgettable finish at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™.
For race registration and travel reservations, please do one of the following:
- Review the registration info:
- Prices valid until May 21, 2013 or until registration sells out+
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler - $165*
- Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - $50
- Kids' Dash - $15
- Mickey Mile - $30
- Disney Villains Hollywood Bash - $64 through September 4, 2013
- +Note: Event Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable and due in full at time of booking.Prices and dates subject to change.
*Rate includes race registration, sales tax and commemorative pin
Note: Race Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable and due in full at time of booking.In order to complete registration, you must also book your accommodations at the same time. Please select your accommodations and call us to finalize your race registration & accommodations – Thank You
To Register over the phone: Call our toll free number at (888) 877-4445, Option 3
Business hours are Monday – Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
10-Miler Features | Eligibility | Proof of Time | Waiver/Packet Pickup | Cancellation | Safety Reminder
Entry Fee Includes:
- 10-mile course through the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and Disney's Hollywood Studios, running on various terrains including pavement, grass and sand
- Additional Disney Villains, Characters and Entertainment on-course
- Event Weekend Transportation for Walt Disney World® Resort Guests staying at a host resort
- Disney Villains Hollywood Bash Party
- Family Reunion Area with live entertainment and characters
- Champion® Unisex 10-Miler Tech Shirt*
- Commemorative Finisher Medal*
- Official Race Program Guide*
- Entry into Disney Villains Hollywood Bash Party*
- Personalized bib* (Must register by July 31, 2013 for name to appear on bib)
- On-course and post-race refreshments
- ChronoTrack B-tag timed race with live runner tracking signup for friends and family
- Personalized results website
Top of Page
Get set for ten miles of non-stop nighttime chills and thrills on a run that'll bring you straight to The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ at Disney's Hollywood Studios. In the dark of night on a path haunted by Disney Villains you'll run a course from Disney's Hollywood Studios traveling to ESPN Wide World of Sports and then back again to Disney's Hollywood Studios. There you'll run past the spectacular Lights, Motors, Action™ Extreme Stunt Show, along the amazing New York Street on the backlot, past Mickey's Sorcerer's Hat at the top of Hollywood Boulevard, and then on to a finish to remember.
- Participants for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler must be 12 years of age or older.
- All ages are welcome to compete in the Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run
- Children 13 and under can participate in the One Mile. Other runDisney Kids Race distances are determined by age group.
Top of Page
- 16 minute per mile pace for all athletes in The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler and Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run.
- Runners unable to maintain the pace may be picked up at any point along the course and transported to the finish.
- A training pace of 15-minute per mile pace is recommended
PROOF OF TIME
- If you believe you will finish The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler in less than 2:00, proof of time is required. Proof of time is not required for the 5K or the runDisney Kids races
- Please provide proof of time at the point of registration*. Include:
- Name of Race
- Time finished
- Proof of time must be provided from a race 10K or longer and must be from a race after July 1, 2011.
- If you do not provide proof of time at point of registration but acquire it after you have registered, email the information to email@example.com before August 1, 2013. After August 1, 2013, you will need to bring proof of your estimated finish time to the Runner Relations booth at the Disney Health & Fitness Expo to have your start corral placement changed. If you do not have a proof of time to submit, list "N/A" at the point of registration. If proof of time is not provided, you will be placed in the last start corral. If you listed a race result as proof of time when registering online, then you do not have to do anything further.
*For example, 2011 Walt Disney World® Marathon - 3:35 OR 2010 Disneyland® Half Marathon - 2:25
Dates, times and prices subject to change. All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.
Top of Page
Location: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
All runners are required to visit ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex for packet pick-up. You will need to download your personalized race number pick-up card/waiver form online when it becomes available (approximately one month prior to event) and bring it with you to packet pick-up.
Top of Page
- Waivers will be provided approximately one month before the race.
- You must have your signed waiver and a Photo ID with you to pick up your race packet.
- A parent or legal guardian must complete and sign the waiver for any participant under 18 years old. No exceptions will be made.
Entry fees for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler and 5K events are non-refundable.
Top of Page
- For everyone's safety, baby joggers, strollers, baby carriers, baby backpacks, inline skates, motorized scooters, bicycles, skateboards, canes, crutches, walkers, walking sticks and animals of any kind are prohibited from the course. Violators will be removed from the course and transported to the finish line area.
- Headphones are discouraged due to audio messages that are placed throughout the course to ensure your safety.
- Costumes are allowed and encouraged. However, face masks are NOT ALLOWED for security and safety reasons. Violators will be removed from the course.
- Questionable or offensive costumes will result in the participant being asked to change or be removed from the event.
The race will be held rain or shine. If there is lightning in the area, the race will either have a delayed start or, depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled. The determination will be made by the Event Management staff.
The Walt Disney World® Resort Lightning Policy
Event operations will shut down when lightning is 10 miles out from the event areas. Event operations will not resume until the lightning is 10 miles out moving away from the event areas. The Sports Manager will determine this using the *Flash to Bang Rule* and weather radar. The Sports Manager will consult with Walt Disney World® Resort Management on a course of action to utilize the operational rain plan, delay the event, or cancel the event.
*Flash to Bang Rule* is applied by measuring the time (in seconds) between a visual lightning "Flash" and hearing the resulting "Bang". This time is then divided by a factor of "5" to obtain distance in miles. For example, 50 seconds between "Flash" and "Bang" divided by "5" equals 10 miles.
Top of Page
For More Information: Please contact our Customer Care at (888) 877-4445 Option 3