The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler: Registration
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler is a nighttime road race that will end in the shadows of The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Your run into the fifth dimension will also take you to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex before returning to Disney's Hollywood Studios where the course will feature the Lights, Motors, Action™ Extreme Stunt Show, then turn down New York Street, wind past the Sorcerer's Hat and return you to an unforgettable finish at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™.
For race registration and travel reservations, please do one of the following:
- Review the registration info:
- Prices valid until registration sells out+
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler - SOLD OUT
- Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - See runDisney for Registration
- Kids' Dash - See runDisney for Registration
- Mickey Mile - See runDisney for Registration
- Disney Villains Hollywood Bash - See runDisney for Registration
- +Note: Event Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable and due in full at time of booking. Prices and dates subject to change. MUST register everything by June 30, 2014.
*Rate includes race registration and sales tax
Note: Race Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable and due in full at time of booking.
In order to complete registration, you must also book your accommodations at the same time. Event registration requires a minimum 2 night stay through GET Travel Sports at one of the Walt Disney World® Resort properties. Please select your accommodations and call us to finalize your race registration & accommodations – Thank You
To Register over the phone: Call our toll free number at (888) 877-4445, Option 3
Business hours are Monday – Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm Pacific Standard Time (PST)
10-Miler Features | Eligibility | Proof of Time | Waiver/Packet Pickup | Cancellation | Safety Reminder
Entry Fee Includes:
- 10-mile course through the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex and Disney's Hollywood Studios, running on various terrains including pavement, grass and sand
- Additional Disney Villains, Characters and Entertainment on-course
- Event Weekend Transportation for Walt Disney World® Resort Guests staying at a host resort
- Disney Villains Hollywood Bash Party
- Family Reunion Area with live entertainment and characters
- Champion® Short-Sleeved Tech Shirt in Women's or Men's Cut* - click here to see the sizing chart
- Commemorative Finisher Medal*
- Official Digital Event Guide*
- Entry into Disney Villains Hollywood Bash Party*
- Personalized bib* (Must register by June 30, 2014 for name to appear on bib)
- On-course and post-race refreshments
- ChronoTrack B-tag timed race with live runner tracking signup for friends and family
- Personalized results website
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ is a nighttime road race that will end at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Elevating the fun even more this year are a series of four gentle slopes dotting the course, and timing mats that let your friends and family track your progress. The course begins at Disney's Hollywood Studios® Auto Plaza entrance, then heads away from the park towards the Osceola Parkway westbound ramp, past Disney's Animal Kingdom®, back along the eastbound lanes of Osceola Parkway, and through Champion Stadium at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex as Disney entertainers and characters cheer participants along. The course returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios®, past Lights, Motors, Action™ Extreme Stunt Show, along the New York Street, past Mickey Sorcerer's Hat, and on to a spectacular finish at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™.
Timing mats are located at the 5K (3.1 mile) and 10K (6.2 mile) splits. Medical tents are located at 4.7 and 8 miles along the course.
Top of Page
- Participants for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler must be 12 years of age or older.
- All ages are welcome to compete in the Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run
- Children 13 and under can participate in the One Mile. Other runDisney Kids Race distances are determined by age group.
Top of Page
- 16 minute per mile pace for all athletes in The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler and Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run.
- Runners unable to maintain the pace may be picked up at any point along the course and transported to the finish.
- A training pace of 15-minute per mile pace is recommended
PROOF OF TIME
- If you believe you will finish The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler in less than 2:00, proof of time is required. Proof of time is not required for the 5K or the runDisney Kids races
Dates, times and prices subject to change. All races are subject to capacity limits and may close at any time.
Top of Page
Location: ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Download and complete your personalized race waiver on-line (available approximately one month prior to event).
- Visit the Disney Health & Fitness Expo at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to pick up your Race Packet.
- You must have a valid ID in order to pick up your packet (driver’s license, passport, Military ID, Government issued ID.)
- If you do not have a valid photo ID we cannot issue you your race bib. No exceptions will be made.
YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR OWN PARTICIPANT PACKET (WHICH INCLUDES YOUR EVENT-ISSUED BIB NUMBER AND TIMING DEVICE) DURING REGULARLY SCHEDULED HOURS. Individuals will no longer be able to pick up participant packets on behalf of others.
Top of Page
- Official Race number pick-up/waiver forms are now ready to be downloaded.
- You must have your signed waiver and a Photo ID with you to pick up your race packet.
- A parent or legal guardian must complete and sign the waiver for any participant under 18 years old. No exceptions will be made.
Entry fees for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler and 5K events are non-refundable.
Top of Page
- For everyone's safety, baby joggers, strollers, baby carriers, baby backpacks, inline skates, motorized scooters, bicycles, skateboards, canes, crutches, walkers, walking sticks and animals of any kind are prohibited from the course. Violators will be removed from the course and transported to the finish line area.
- Headphones are discouraged due to audio messages that are placed throughout the course to ensure your safety.
- Costumes are allowed and encouraged. However, face masks are NOT ALLOWED for security and safety reasons. Violators will be removed from the course.
- Questionable or offensive costumes will result in the participant being asked to change or be removed from the event.
- Spectator viewing is only authorized at the Finish line.
The race will be held rain or shine. If there is lightning in the area, the race will either have a delayed start or, depending on the intensity of the weather, be cancelled. The determination will be made by the Event Management staff. Entry fees for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler and 5K events are non-refundable.
The Walt Disney World® Resort Lightning Policy
Event operations will shut down when lightning is 10 miles out from the event areas. Event operations will not resume until the lightning is 10 miles out moving away from the event areas. The Sports Manager will determine this using the *Flash to Bang Rule* and weather radar. The Sports Manager will consult with Walt Disney World® Resort Management on a course of action to utilize the operational rain plan, delay the event, or cancel the event.
*Flash to Bang Rule* is applied by measuring the time (in seconds) between a visual lightning "Flash" and hearing the resulting "Bang". This time is then divided by a factor of "5" to obtain distance in miles. For example, 50 seconds between "Flash" and "Bang" divided by "5" equals 10 miles.
Top of Page
For More Information: Please contact our Customer Care at (888) 877-4445 Option 3